Classification: Coccolithophores -> Mesozoic Survivors -> Biscutaceae -> Biscutum -> Biscutum sp.
Sister taxa: B. braloweri, B. castrorum, B. harrisonii, B. neocoronum, B. sp.
- Bybell & Self-Trail 1995 pl32 05.jpg
- Bybell & Self-Trail 1995 pl32 10.jpg
Citation: Biscutum sp.Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to any established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within NP10 zone (54.17-55.86Ma, top in Ypresian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NJ4 zone (185.53-190.17Ma, base in Pliensbachian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- (NB There is no histogram as there are no occurrence records for the taxon in the Neptune database) Parent: Biscutum
Bybell, L. M. & Self-Trail, J. (1995). Evolutionary, biostratigraphic and taxonomic study of calcareous nanofossils from a continuous Palaeocene-Eocene boundary section in New Jersey. U.S. Geological Survey, Professional Paper. 1554: 1-36. gs V O