Classification: Coccolithophores -> Zygodiscales -> Zygodiscaceae -> Lophodolithus -> Lophodolithus sp.
Sister taxa: L. acutus, L. luntii, L. mochlophorus, L. mytiliformis, L. nascens, L. reniformis, L. rotundus, L. sp.,
Citation: Lophodolithus sp.Rank: Species
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to any established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within NP16 zone (40.40-42.87Ma, top in Bartonian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP6 zone (58.97-59.54Ma, base in Selandian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Lophodolithus sp., synonyms included - Lophodolithus mochlophorus (q); Lophodolithus sp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Lophodolithus