This site is supposed to be a community resource not a gift from the sky. If you do use and value it please help us improve it by adding your comments. At the moment there is not much commenting, even though we know that the site is being well-used, so we can absolutely guarantee that every comment will be read by us and responded to in some way.
- The main purpose of having comments on the site is so that users can discuss taxonomy, contribute to the site, point out mistakes, requests changes, etc.
- We expect users to use their real name when commenting not anonymised names (e.g. room101 or angry_coccolith)
- We expect all comments to be written courteously and may delete any we do not like the tone of (don't worry, there are many other places to be as rude as you like on the web).
- If we have edited the site following comments then we may delete those comments (but if relevant we will acknowledge the contributor).
- Comments do not currently need to be approved and you do not need any sort of membership of the site but if we run into problems with spam we may need to change that.
- You can't remove comments, but if you ask us nicely we can do that for you.
- User pictures - the site uses "gravatar" images. The default is a geometric pattern, mathematically generated from your email address. To select a photo, or other image, for yourself get a Gravatar or WordPress account (free).
How to use the system
Just scroll to the bottom of almost any page to find the comments area, then click the "Open the form" link to add your comments.
Legalistic stuff - Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions contain rules relating to the submission of comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any laws.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
This policy contains information relating to your privacy when submitting a comment. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, affiliation, country, and comment will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your comment will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new comments, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself after a certain period of time.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.