Classification: pf_mesozoic -> Globotruncanidae -> Contusotruncana -> Contusotruncana sp.
Sister taxa: C. contusa, C. fornicata, C. morozovae, C. patelliformis, C. plicata, C. plummerae, C. walfischensis, C. sp.,
- Pessagno 1967 pl96 12.JPG
Entries in the Catalog of original descriptions:
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
Last occurrence (top): within (-Ma, top in "Holocene" stage). Data source:
First occurrence (base): within (-Ma, base in stage). Data source:
Plot of occurrence data:
Dec 2017 - Plotting of Neptune data has been re-enabled on the Mesozoic pages following revision of the age-models in Neptune. The data is, however, still very sparse for the Early Cretaceous
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Contusotruncana sp., synonyms included - Contusotruncana cf. contusa; Contusotruncana cf. fornicata; Contusotruncana cf. patelliformis; Contusotruncana cf. walfischensis; Contusotruncana patelliformis (q); Contusotruncana palmerae; Contusotruncana ? sp.1;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Contusotruncana
Pessagno, E. A. (1967). Upper Cretaceous planktonic foraminifera from the western Gulf Coastal Plain. Palaeontographica Americana. 5: 245-445. gs V O