Classification: pf_cenozoic -> Globigerinitidae -> Globigerinita -> Globigerinita sp.
Sister taxa: G. glutinata, G. parkerae, G. minuta, G. uvula, G. sp.
- LoeblichTappan 1994 pl191 0-3.JPG
- LoeblichTappan 1994 pl191 04-6.JPG
Rank: generic level id
NB These concise distinguishing features statements are used in the tables of daughter-taxa to act as quick summaries of the differences between e.g. species of one genus.
They are being edited as the site is developed and comments on them are especially welcome.
Biogeography and Palaeobiology
Last occurrence (top): within (-Ma, top in "Holocene" stage). Data source:
First occurrence (base): within (-Ma, base in "Holocene" stage). Data source:
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Globigerinita sp., synonyms included - Globigerinita africana (q); Globigerinita glutinata (q); Globigerinita glutinata s. I; Globigerinita howei (q); Globigerinita humilis; Globigerinita incrusta (q); Globigerinita juvenilis/uvula; Globigerinita parvula; Globigerinita parvula (q); Globigerinita pera (q); Globigerinita praestainforthi; Globigerinita simulans; Globigerinita sp.; Globigerinita spp.; Globigerinita stainforthi (q); Globigerinita cf. uvula; Globigerinita uvula Group; Globigerinita boweni (q); Globigerinita naparimaensis (q);
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Globigerinita
Loeblich, A. & Tappan, H. (1994). Foraminifera of the Sahul shelf and Timor Sea. Cushman Foundation for Foraminiferal Research, Special Publication. 31: 1-661. gs V O