Classification: pf_cenozoic -> Truncorotaloididae -> Morozovella -> Morozovella sp.
Sister taxa: M. caucasica, M. crater, M. aragonensis, M. lensiformis 〉〈 M. marginodentata, M. formosa, M. gracilis, M. subbotinae, M. aequa, M. apanthesma 〉〈 M. edgari, M. allisonensis, M. acuta, M. occlusa, M. acutispira, M. pasionensis, M. velascoensis, M. conicotruncata, M. angulata, M. praeangulata, M. sp.
Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
NB These concise distinguishing features statements are used in the tables of daughter-taxa to act as quick summaries of the differences between e.g. species of one genus.
They are being edited as the site is developed and comments on them are especially welcome.
Biogeography and Palaeobiology
Last occurrence (top): at top of (100% up, 0Ma, in "Holocene" stage). Data source:
First occurrence (base): within (-Ma, base in stage). Data source:
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Morozovella sp., synonyms included - Morozovella acava; Morozovella acuta (q); Morozovella aequa (q); Morozovella aequasubbotinae; Morozovella angulata (q); Morozovella ansulata; Morozovella aff. aragonensis; Morozovella sp. aff. aragonensis; Morozovella aragonensis (q); Morozovella bandyi; Morozovella caucasica (q); Morozovella sp. cf. M. crassata densa; Morozovella djanensis (q); Morozovella sp. cf. M. lehneri; Morozovella nicoli ex. group (biconvex); Morozovella occlusa (q); Morozovella pasionensis (q); Morozovella perclara (q); Morozovella prae-aequa; Morozovella sp. cf. M. quetra; Morozovella sp.; Morozovella sp. cf. M. spinulosa; Morozovella spp.; Morozovella aff. subbotinae; Morozovella sp. aff. subbotinae; Morozovella subbotinae (q); Morozovella aff. trinidadensis; Morozovella sp. cf. M. woodi; Morozovella woodi (q); Morozovella kubanensis (q); Morozovella tadjikistanensis dianensis (q); Morozovella sp. transition M. velascoensis-M. allisonensis; Morozovella sp. cf. lensiformis;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Morozovella