Classification: pf_cenozoic -> Benthic origins -> Streptochilus -> Streptochilus sp.
Sister taxa: S. globulosum, S. globigerum, S. latum, S. subglobigerum, S. inglei, S. macdougallae 〉〈 S. cetacense, S. mascarenense, S. pristinum, S. rockallkiddense, S. tasmanense 〉〈 S. martini, S. sp.
Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
NB These concise distinguishing features statements are used in the tables of daughter-taxa to act as quick summaries of the differences between e.g. species of one genus.
They are being edited as the site is developed and comments on them are especially welcome.
Biogeography and Palaeobiology
Last occurrence (top): within (-Ma, top in "Holocene" stage).
First occurrence (base): within (-Ma, base in "Holocene" stage).
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Streptochilus sp., synonyms included - Streptochilus latum; Streptochilus pristinum; Streptochilus sp.; Streptochilus spp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Streptochilus