Classification: pf_cenozoic -> hidden
Sister taxa: Globigerinidae, Globorotaliidae, Hantkeninidae, Truncorotaloididae, Globanomalidae, Hastigerinidae, Globigerinitidae, Candeinidae, Guembelitrioidea, Benthic origins, hidden,
- This is an area which is not visible to regular users - only to editors.
- It is used to store deleted taxa - in case you need them back
- It can also be used to work on taxa before making them public or to play with the system (use the sandbox folder)
- To take a taxon out of this area use the "move rename or delete" link at the bottom of the taxon page
NB These concise distinguishing features statements are used in the tables of daughter-taxa to act as quick summaries of the differences between e.g. species of one genus.
They are being edited as the site is developed and comments on them are especially welcome.
Biogeography and Palaeobiology
Last occurrence (top): Extant Data source: Total of range of species in this database
First occurrence (base): at top of No known fossil record modern (100% up, 0Ma, in stage). Data source: Total of range of species in this database
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Neptune data: this is a higher taxon page so Neptune data is not plotted. For the customisable plot option go to a genus page Parent: pf_cenozoic