Classification: pf_cenozoic -> hidden
Sister taxa: microperforate, muricate non-spinose, smooth non-spinose, spinose, hidden,
- This is an area which is not visible to regular users - only to editors.
- It is used to store deleted taxa - in case you need them back
- It can also be used to work on taxa before making them public or to play with the system (use the sandbox folder)
- To take a taxon out of this area use the "move rename or delete" link at the bottom of the taxon page
NB The short diagnoses are used in the tables of daughter-taxa to act as quick summaries of the differences between e.g. species of one genus. They have initially been copied from the diagnostic characters/distinguishing features sections of the Eocene and Paleocene Atlases, they will be edited as the site is developed.
Biogeography and Palaeobiology
Last occurrence (top): near top of Zanclean Stage (86% up, 3.8Ma, in Zanclean stage). Data source: Total of range of species in this database
First occurrence (base): in lower part of Lutetian Stage (32% up, 45.7Ma, in Lutetian stage). Data source: Total of range of species in this database
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Neptune data: this is a higher taxon page so Neptune data is not plotted. For the customisable plot option go to a genus page Parent: pf_cenozoic
hidden compiled by the pforams@mikrotax project team viewed: 22-7-2018
Go to Archive.is to create a permanent copy of this page - citation notes