Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolith families inc sed -> Coccolith genera inc sed -> Biantholithus -> Biantholithus sp.
Sister taxa: B. astralis, B. flosculus, B. hughesii, B. sparsus, B. sp.
- PerchNielsen1977 pl50_fig36.JPG
- PerchNielsen1977 pl50_fig37.JPG
- PerchNielsen1977 pl50_fig38.JPG
Citation: Biantholithus sp.Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to any established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within NP10 zone (54.17-55.86Ma, top in Ypresian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP1 zone (65.47-66.04Ma, base in Danian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Biantholithus sp., synonyms included - Biantholithus sp.; Biantholithus sp. cf. sparsus;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Biantholithus
Bown, P. R. (2016). Paleocene calcareous nannofossils from Tanzania (TDP sites 19, 27 and 38). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 36(1): 1-32. gs V O
Perch-Nielsen, K. (1977a). Albian to Pleistocene calcareous nannofossils from the Western South Atlantic, DSDP Leg 39. Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project. 39: 699-823. gs V O