Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Discoasterales -> Heliolithaceae -> Bomolithus -> Bomolithus sp.
Sister taxa: B. aquilus, B. bramlettei, B. conicus, B. elegans, B. megastypus, B. supremus, B. sp.
- PerchNielsen1977 pl13_fig10.JPG
Citation: Bomolithus sp.Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to any established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within NP10 zone (54.17-55.86Ma, top in Ypresian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP5 zone (59.54-61.51Ma, base in Selandian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Bomolithus sp., synonyms included - Discoasteroides sp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Bomolithus
Perch-Nielsen, K. (1977a). Albian to Pleistocene calcareous nannofossils from the Western South Atlantic, DSDP Leg 39. Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project. 39: 699-823. gs V O