Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Zygodiscales -> Zygodiscaceae -> Chiphragmalithus -> Chiphragmalithus sp.
Sister taxa: C. acanthodes, C. armatus, C. barbatus, C. calathus, C. muzylevii, C. vandenberghei, C. sp.
- BownNewsam 2017 pl07 15.JPG
- BownNewsam 2017 pl07 47.JPG
- BownNewsam 2017 pl07 48.JPG
- BownNewsam 2017 pl07 49.JPG
- PerchNielsen1977 pl38_fig1.JPG
- PerchNielsen1977 pl38_fig2.JPG
Citation: Chiphragmalithus sp.Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to any established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within NP12 zone (50.50-53.70Ma, top in Ypresian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP12 zone (50.50-53.70Ma, base in Ypresian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Chiphragmalithus sp., synonyms included - Chiphragmalithus sp.; Chiphragmalithus spp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Chiphragmalithus
Bown, P. R. & Newsam, C. (2017). Calcareous nannofossils from the Eocene North Atlantic Ocean (IODP Expedition 342 Sites U1403–1411). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 37(1): 25-60. gs V O
Perch-Nielsen, K. (1977a). Albian to Pleistocene calcareous nannofossils from the Western South Atlantic, DSDP Leg 39. Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project. 39: 699-823. gs V O