Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolithales -> Coccolithaceae -> Clausicoccus -> Clausicoccus sp.
Sister taxa: C. fenestratus, C. norrisii, C. subdistichus, C. vanheckiae, C. sp.
- BownNewsam 2017 pl04 44-45.JPG
Citation: Clausicoccus sp. Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within NN2 zone (19.00-22.82Ma, top in Burdigalian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP12 zone (50.50-53.70Ma, base in Ypresian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Clausicoccus sp., synonyms included - Clausicoccus (unspecified taxon or taxa); Clausicoccus sp.; Clausicoccus sp. (small); Clausicoccus sp. cf. C. fenestratus; Clausicoccus sp. cf. C.fenestratus; Clausicoccus spp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Clausicoccus
Bown, P. R. & Dunkley Jones, T. (2012). Calcareous nannofossils from the Paleogene equatorial Pacific (IODP Expedition 320 Sites U1331-1334). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 32(2): 3-51. gs V O
Bown, P. R. & Newsam, C. (2017). Calcareous nannofossils from the Eocene North Atlantic Ocean (IODP Expedition 342 Sites U1403–1411). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 37(1): 25-60. gs V O
Bown, P. R. (2016). Paleocene calcareous nannofossils from Tanzania (TDP sites 19, 27 and 38). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 36(1): 1-32. gs V O