Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Holococcoliths -> fossil holococcoliths -> Corannulus -> Corannulus horridulus
Sister taxa: C. germanicus, C. horridulus, C. sp.
Citation: Corannulus horridulus Bown, 2005Rank: Species
Distinguishing features: Small to medium sized elliptical coccolith with a broad rim and narrow vacant central area. The rim is thick and ragged in overall appearance.
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages: C. horridulus *
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Tags||LITHS: holococcolith, elliptical, cylindrical, hollow, CA: vacant, |
|Metrics||Lith size: 4->7µm; Segments: 7->10; |
Data source notes: lith size from OD
Last occurrence (top): within NP11 zone (53.70-54.17Ma, top in Ypresian stage). Data source: Bown 2005
First occurrence (base): within NP10 zone (54.17-55.86Ma, base in Ypresian stage). Data source: Bown 2005
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Corannulus horridulus, synonyms included - Corannulus horridulus;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Corannulus
Bown, P. R. (2005d). Palaeogene calcareous nannofossils from the Kilwa and Lindi areas of coastal Tanzania (Tanzania Drilling Project 2003-4). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 27(1): 21-95. gs V O