Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Holococcoliths -> fossil holococcoliths -> Daktylethra -> Daktylethra probertii
Sister taxa: D. punctulata, D. probertii, D. unitatis, D. basilica, D. sp.
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig13.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig11.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig12.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig14.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig15.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig16.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig17.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig18.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig19.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig20.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig21.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl6-fig22.jpg
Citation: Daktylethra probertii Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006Rank: SpeciesTaxonomic discussion: Made up of more crystallographically distinct blocks than other species of Daktylethra.
Distinguishing features: Cavate holococcolith, seen in side-view, comprising a thin proximal plate and rim that are crystallographically distinct from a large, perforate, domed distal process. Typically, birefringent at 0° in XPL, darkening when rotated to 45°.
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages: D. probertii *
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Tags||LITHS: holococcolith, elliptical, hollow, CA: pores, closed, CROSS-POLARS: 1ou, V-prominent, |
|Metrics||Lith size: 4->8µm; |
Data source notes: lith size from OD
Last occurrence (top): within NP16 zone (40.40-42.87Ma, top in Bartonian stage). Data source: Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006
First occurrence (base): within NP14b subzone (46.29-47.84Ma, base in Lutetian stage). Data source: Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Markalius sp., synonyms included - Daktylethra probertii; Markalius sp.; Markalius sp. 1; Markalius sp. 2; Markalius sp. cf. nudus;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Daktylethra
Bown, P. R. & Dunkley Jones, T. (2006). New Paleogene calcareous nannofossil taxa from coastal Tanzania: Tanzania Drilling Project Sites 11 to 14. Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 28(1): 17-34. gs V O