Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolith families inc sed -> Coccolith genera inc sed -> Ellipsolithus -> Ellipsolithus lajollaensis
Sister taxa: E. anadoluensis, E. aubryae, E. bollii, E. distichus, E. lajollaensis, E. macellus, E. pumex, E. sp.
- BownNewsam 2017 pl05 16.JPG
- BownNewsam 2017 pl05 17.JPG
Citation: Ellipsolithus lajollaensis Bukry & Percival, 1971Rank: Species
Distinguishing features: Elliptical to oblong Ellipsolithus with narrow central area spanned by plate with small perforations.
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages: E. lajollaensis *
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Tags||LITHS: placolith, elliptical, CA: ca_conjunct, plate, pores, CROSS-POLARS: rim-unicyclic, R-prominent, |
|Metrics||Lith size: 8->12µm; |
Data source notes: lith length from OD & illustrated specimens
Last occurrence (top): within NP15 zone (42.87-46.29Ma, top in Lutetian stage). Data source: [PRB rough estimate]
First occurrence (base): within NP12 zone (50.50-53.70Ma, base in Ypresian stage). Data source: [PRB rough estimate]
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Ellipsolithus lajollaensis, synonyms included - Ellipsolithus lajollaensis;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Ellipsolithus
Bown, P. R. & Newsam, C. (2017). Calcareous nannofossils from the Eocene North Atlantic Ocean (IODP Expedition 342 Sites U1403–1411). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 37(1): 25-60. gs V O
Bukry, D. & Percival, S. F. (1971). New Tertiary calcareous nannofossils. Tulane Studies in Geology and Paleontology. 8: 123-146. gs V O