Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolith families inc sed -> Coccolith genera inc sed -> Ellipsolithus -> Ellipsolithus sp.
Sister taxa: E. anadoluensis, E. aubryae, E. bollii, E. distichus, E. lajollaensis, E. macellus, E. pumex, E. sp.
Citation: Ellipsolithus sp.Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to any established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within NP15 zone (42.87-46.29Ma, top in Lutetian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP4 zone (61.51-63.25Ma, base in Danian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Ellipsolithus sp., synonyms included - Ellipsolithus cf. lajollaensis; Ellipsolithus sp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Ellipsolithus
Bown, P. R. (2016). Paleocene calcareous nannofossils from Tanzania (TDP sites 19, 27 and 38). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 36(1): 1-32. gs V O