Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolithales -> Coccolithaceae -> Ericsonia -> Ericsonia sp.
Sister taxa: E. monilis, E. subpertusa, E. media 〉〈 E. orbis, E. staerkeri, E. aliquanta, E. robusta, E. sp.
Citation: Ericsonia sp.Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to any established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): within Not set - Paleogene n/a (23.03-66.04Ma, top in Chattian stage). Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP3 zone (63.25-64.81Ma, base in Danian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Ericsonia sp., synonyms included - Ericsonia cf. E. robusta; Ericsonia sp.; Ericsonia sp. 1; Ericsonia sp. 4; Ericsonia subdiscita/obruta;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Ericsonia