Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Holococcoliths -> fossil holococcoliths -> Holodiscolithus -> Holodiscolithus catellus
Sister taxa: H. agniniae, H. catellus, H. geisenii, H. lippertii, H. liui, H. macroporus, H. minolettii, H. serus, H. solidus, H. whitesideae, H. sp.
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl3-fig26.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl3-fig27.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl3-fig28.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl3-fig29.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl3-fig30.jpg
Citation: Holodiscolithus catellus Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006Rank: Species
Distinguishing features: Elliptical, narrow rim copmosed of many small elements, vacant central area
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages: H. catellus *
Morphology: Small, elliptical holococcolith comprising a single, narrow cycle of moderately birefringent, bead-like elements (viewed in light microscope), and a relatively broad, vacant central-area.
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Tags||LITHS: holococcolith, elliptical, CA: vacant, CROSS-POLARS: R-prominent, |
|Metrics||Lith size: 3->5µm; |
Data source notes: lith size from OD & extended slightly
Last occurrence (top): within NP16 zone (40.40-42.87Ma, top in Bartonian stage). Data source: Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006
First occurrence (base): within NP16 zone (40.40-42.87Ma, base in Lutetian stage). Data source: Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- (NB There is no histogram as there are no occurrence records for the taxon in the Neptune database) Parent: Holodiscolithus
Bown, P. R. & Dunkley Jones, T. (2006). New Paleogene calcareous nannofossil taxa from coastal Tanzania: Tanzania Drilling Project Sites 11 to 14. Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 28(1): 17-34. gs V O