Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolith families inc sed -> Papposphaeraceae -> Picarola -> Picarola sp.
Sister taxa: P. margalefii, P. sp.
- Cros & Fortuno 2002 f071D.jpg
- Cros & Fortuno 2002 f072C.jpg
- Cros & Fortuno 2002 f072D.jpg
Citation: Picarola sp. Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): Extant Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within No known fossil record modern (0.00-0.00Ma, base in "Holocene" stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- (NB There is no histogram as there are no occurrence records for the taxon in the Neptune database) Parent: Picarola
Cros, L. & Fortuño, J. -M. (2002). Atlas of northwestern Mediterranean coccolithophores. Scientia Marina. 66: 1-186. gs V O