Classification: ntax_mesozoic -> Heterococcoliths inc sedis -> Papposphaeraceae -> Pocillithus -> Pocillithus sp.
Sister taxa: P. crucifer, P. macleodii, P. sp.
- BownLeesYoung 2017 f4 04.JPG
- BownLeesYoung 2017 f4 01.JPG
- BownLeesYoung 2017 f4 03.JPG
Citation: Pocillithus sp.Rank: generic level id
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): Extant Data source: present in plankton
First occurrence (base): within Turonian Stage (89.77-93.90Ma, base in Turonian stage). Data source: Bown et al. 2017
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- (NB There is no histogram as there are no occurrence records for the taxon in the Neptune database) Parent: Pocillithus
Bown, P. R., Lees, J. A. & Young, J. R. (2017). On the Cretaceous origin of the Order Syracosphaerales and the genus Syracosphaera. Journal of Micropalaeontology. 36(2): 153-165. gs V O