Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Zygodiscales -> Pontosphaeraceae -> Scyphosphaera -> Scyphosphaera sp.
Sister taxa: S. apsteinii, S. porosa 〉〈 S. brevis, S. globulata, S. hamptonii, S. hemirana, S. lagena 〉〈 S. campanula, S. intermedia, S. pulcherrima, S. tubifera, S. ventriosa 〉〈 S. columella, S. expansa, S. interstincta, S. olla, S. tercisensis, S. tubicena, S. sp.
- BownNewsam 2017 pl06 38.JPG
- PerchNielsen1977 pl29_fig8.JPG
Citation: Scyphosphaera sp. Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): Extant Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within NP12 zone (50.50-53.70Ma, base in Ypresian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Scyphosphaera sp., synonyms included - Schyphosphaera sp.; Schyphosphaera spp.; Scyphosphaera (unspecified taxon or taxa); Scyphosphaera intermedia (q); Scyphosphaera sp.; Scyphosphaera sp. (base); Scyphosphaera sp. (fragment); Scyphosphaera spp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Scyphosphaera
Bown, P. R. & Newsam, C. (2017). Calcareous nannofossils from the Eocene North Atlantic Ocean (IODP Expedition 342 Sites U1403–1411). Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 37(1): 25-60. gs V O
Müller, C. (1974b). Calcareous nannoplankton, Leg 25 (Western Indian Ocean). Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project. 25: 579-633. gs V O
Perch-Nielsen, K. (1977a). Albian to Pleistocene calcareous nannofossils from the Western South Atlantic, DSDP Leg 39. Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project. 39: 699-823. gs V O