Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Syracosphaerales -> Syracosphaeraceae -> Syracosphaera -> Syracosphaera sp.
Sister taxa: SY pulchra gp, SY molischii gp, SY nodosa gp, SY mediterranea group, Syraco - fossil, S. sp.
- Cros & Fortuno 2002 f111A.jpg
- JRYSEM-245-15 258c8-80mp.JPG
- JRYlm-M68-3 308-86 20m 056fig.JPG
- Reid 1980 pl9 05.jpg
- Reid 1980 pl9 06.jpg
- Reid 1980 pl9 07.jpg
Citation: Syracosphaera sp. Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): Extant Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within Palaeogene Period (23.03-66.04Ma, base in Danian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Syracosphaera sp., synonyms included - Syracosphaera sp.; Syracosphaera sp. 1; Syracosphaera spp.; Syracosphaera spp.(small); Syracosphaera unspecified taxon;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Syracosphaera
Cros, L. & Fortuño, J. -M. (2002). Atlas of northwestern Mediterranean coccolithophores. Scientia Marina. 66: 1-186. gs V O
Reid, F. M. H. (1980). Coccolithophorids of the North Pacific Central Gyre with notes on their vertical and seasonal distribution. Micropaleontology. 26(2): 151-176. gs