Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolith families inc sed -> Umbellosphaeraceae -> Umbellosphaera -> Umbellosphaera sp.
Sister taxa: U. tenuis, U. irregularis, U. sp.
Citation: Umbellosphaera sp. Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): Extant Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within Miocene Epoch (5.33-23.03Ma, base in Aquitanian stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Umbellosphaera sp., synonyms included - Umbellosphaera sp.; Umbellosphaera spp.;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Umbellosphaera
Young, J. R., Geisen, M., Cros, L., Kleijne, A., Probert, I. & Ostergaard, J. B. (2003). A guide to extant coccolithophore taxonomy. Journal of Nannoplankton Research, Special Issue. 1: 1-132. gs V O