Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Coccolith families inc sed -> Papposphaeraceae -> Wigwamma -> Wigwamma sp.
Sister taxa: W. annulifera, W. antarctica, W. arctica, W. armatura, W. triradiata, W. sp.
- Thomsen-etal-2013 Wigwamma-40.JPG
- Thomsen-etal-2013 Wigwamma-41.JPG
- Thomsen-etal-2013 Wigwamma-42.JPG
- Thomsen-etal-2013 Wigwamma-43.JPG
- Thomsen-etal-2013 Wigwamma-44.JPG
Citation: Wigwamma sp. Rank: generic level id
Distinguishing features: Specimens which cannot be assigned to established species
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages:
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Metrics||Lith size: 0->0µm; |
Last occurrence (top): Extant Data source: same as genus
First occurrence (base): within No known fossil record modern (0.00-0.00Ma, base in "Holocene" stage). Data source: same as genus
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- (NB There is no histogram as there are no occurrence records for the taxon in the Neptune database) Parent: Wigwamma
Thomsen, H. A., Ostergaard, J. B. & Heldal, M. (2013). Coccolithophorids in polar waters: Wigwamma spp. revisited. Acta Protozoologica. 52: 237-256. gs V O