Classification: ntax_cenozoic -> Holococcoliths -> fossil holococcoliths -> Youngilithus -> Youngilithus pyxis
Sister taxa: Y. arcaeformis, Y. bipons, Y. oblongatus, Y. pyxis, Y. quadraeformis, Y. transversipons, Y. sp.
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig5.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig1.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig10.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig11.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig12.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig2.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig3.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig4.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig6.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig7.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig8.jpg
- Bown_and_DunkleyJones2006 pl4-fig9.jpg
Citation: Youngilithus pyxis Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006Rank: SpeciesTaxonomic discussion: Squarer shape than Youngilithus oblongatus and lacks the cross-bars seen in Youngilithus quadraeformis.
Distinguishing features: A rectangular to square, box-like holococcolith constructed from four crystallographically distinct units, with at least two protrusions on each side.
Farinacci & Howe catalog pages: Y. pyxis *
The morphological data given here can be used on the advanced search page. See also these notes
|Tags||LITHS: holococcolith, quadrate, CA: vacant, CROSS-POLARS: V-prominent, |
|Metrics||Lith size: 4->5.5µm; |
Data source notes: lith size from OD
Last occurrence (top): within NP16 zone (40.40-42.87Ma, top in Bartonian stage). Data source: Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006
First occurrence (base): within NP16 zone (40.40-42.87Ma, base in Lutetian stage). Data source: Bown & Dunkley Jones, 2006
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- (NB There is no histogram as there are no occurrence records for the taxon in the Neptune database) Parent: Youngilithus
Bown, P. R. & Dunkley Jones, T. (2006). New Paleogene calcareous nannofossil taxa from coastal Tanzania: Tanzania Drilling Project Sites 11 to 14. Journal of Nannoplankton Research. 28(1): 17-34. gs V O