Classification: rads_cenozoic -> Trissocyclidae -> Triospyridae -> Giraffospyris -> Giraffospyris haeckelii
Sister taxa: G. annulispina, G. cyrillium, G. didiceros, G. haeckelii, G. lata, G. laterispina, G. sp.
Citation: Giraffospyris haeckelii (Buetschli) Goll 1969Rank: speciesBasionym: Stephanolithus haeckelii
- type image: S. haeckeli
Biogeography and Palaeobiology
Last occurrence (top): within Neogene Period (2.59-23.03Ma, top in Piacenzian stage). Data source: Lazarus et al. 2015 - "N age group"
First occurrence (base): within Neogene Period (2.59-23.03Ma, base in Aquitanian stage). Data source: Lazarus et al. 2015 - "N age group"
Plot of occurrence data:
- Range-bar - range as quoted above, pink interval top occurs in, green interval base occurs in.
- Triangles indicate an event for which a precise placement has been suggested
- Histogram - Neptune occurrence data from DSDP and ODP proceedings. Pale shading <50 samples in time bin. Interpret with caution & read these notes
- Taxon plotted: Giraffospyris haeckelii, synonyms included - Giraffospyris haeckelii;
- See also space-time plot ::
Samples map :: Parent: Giraffospyris